Marlon Brando was undoubtedly one of the greatest actors of all time, leaving an indelible mark on the film industry with his incredible talent and versatility. Throughout his career, he delivered numerous unforgettable performances, making it difficult to narrow down his best movies. However, here are some of Brando’s most iconic films that showcase his exceptional acting skills:
1. The Godfather (1972): Brando’s portrayal of Don Vito Corleone in this Francis Ford Coppola masterpiece is legendary. His nuanced performance earned him an Academy Award for Best Actor and solidified his status as a Hollywood icon.
2. A Streetcar Named Desire (1951): Brando’s raw and intense portrayal of Stanley Kowalski in this Tennessee Williams adaptation is considered one of his finest performances. His magnetic presence on screen captivated audiences and earned him his first Oscar nomination.
3. On the Waterfront (1954): Brando’s portrayal of Terry Malloy, an ex-prizefighter turned longshoreman, is a tour de force. His emotional depth and powerful delivery in this Elia Kazan film earned him his first Academy Award for Best Actor.
4. Apocalypse Now (1979): In this war epic directed by Coppola, Brando plays Colonel Walter E. Kurtz, a highly decorated officer who has gone rogue. Despite having limited screen time, Brando’s performance is haunting and unforgettable.
5. Last Tango in Paris (1972): Brando’s daring and controversial performance in this Bernardo Bertolucci film pushed the boundaries of cinema. His portrayal of a grieving widower engaging in a passionate affair is raw, intense, and showcases his fearless approach to acting.
6. Julius Caesar (1953): Brando’s portrayal of Mark Antony in this Shakespearean adaptation is considered one of the best interpretations of the character. His powerful delivery of the famous “Friends, Romans, countrymen” speech is a testament to his incredible talent.
7. The Wild One (1953): Brando’s portrayal of Johnny Strabler, the leader of a motorcycle gang, in this iconic film solidified his status as a cultural icon. His brooding and rebellious performance became a symbol of youthful rebellion and influenced generations of actors.
Marlon Brando’s filmography is filled with remarkable performances, and these movies are just a glimpse into his extraordinary career. His ability to fully immerse himself in a character and bring them to life on screen is what made him a true acting
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost. Learn more.